Mice And Rat Removal Services in Hawthorne & the Surrounding Areas
If you are hearing scratching sounds or what sounds like scurrying in your home, you may have a mouse problem. Mice are able to get in through the tiniest of cracks and holes in your home here in Yonkers. Cracks and holes you are completely unaware of in your home or office.
These rodents are notorious for inhabiting attics, crawlspaces and basements. They are experts at gaining entry into your home or office in search of food and shelter. If either of those things are available, they will find them.
Signs of a Rodent Infestation
Westchester County, NY, like many other places, is not immune to rodent infestations. It is essential to recognize the signs of a rodent infestation early to prevent further damage and health risks.
Here are some common signs of a rodent infestation in Westchester County, NY:
- Droppings: One of the most common signs of a rodent infestation is droppings. Rodent droppings are typically small and cylindrical, resembling grains of rice.
- Gnaw marks: Rodents have teeth that continually grow, leading them to gnaw on various materials such as wood, plastic, and even electrical wires. Gnaw marks are a clear sign of rodent activity.
- Urine stains: Rodent urine has a strong, distinct odor and can leave noticeable stains on surfaces such as floors and walls.
- Footprints: Rodents often leave footprints in dusty areas, such as basements or attics. These footprints can help identify the type of rodent present.
- Strange noises: Rodents are nocturnal and typically active at night, making strange noises such as scratching and scurrying a common sign of their presence.
If you suspect a rodent infestation in your Westchester County home or business, it is crucial to contact QualityPro Pest & Wildlife Services promptly.
While these little creatures are often portrayed as cute in movies and stories, they are anything but cute when trying to take up residence in your home or office. Once inside mice can cause major damage to your property. They commonly chew through electrical wiring, insulation, drywall, and wood. Mice can severely damage a building structure by chewing and weakening support beams and other building materials. Damage to electrical wiring from rodents is not only costly to repair but also poses a fire hazard. This could result in a dangerous house fire.
Mice and Your Health
That is only the beginning. These creatures also present health hazards to your family or coworkers. The urine and fecal matter left behind by these rodents has a pungent smell. One that can permeate through your home or business making the structure unpleasant to occupy. They also carry a variety of harmful parasites and other bugs like fleas and ticks. It was the fleas from old world black rats that first introduced the Yersinia pestis bacteria that likely caused several forms of the plague that wiped out nearly two-thirds of European population in the 14th century.
We specialize in rodent removal and prevention programs. This means that not only can we remove a rat infestation, we will also clean up and sanitize the area. Additionally, we offer exclusion services to stop future rat and rodent infestations.
Rodent exclusion involves blocking entry points using materials such as wire barriers and sealants. It is vital to make sure that more mice do not get back in. After all, you do not want another infestation. You must close off any accessible entry points.
Do not allow your home to become infested. Our team of professionals here in Westchester County, is ready to complete this process for you. Making sure that your structure is mice free, hazard and contaminate free and damage free. Your home is your investment and must be maintained in a way that provides safety and comfort for your family. Mice are absolutely not part of that.