Hawthorne Tick Control
Expert Tick Extermination Services in Hawthorne & the Surrounding Areas
The areas we serve in Hawthorne and Chappaqua are home to various tick species, namely the infamous deer tick. These insects can cause all sorts of problems for humans and pets. The most pressing among them is the threat of tick-borne diseases, which the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says make nearly half a million people sick each year. Do you want to be able to move freely around your yard, garden, and other parts of your property without the worry of being bitten? Call QualityPro Pest & Wildlife Services. We offer expert tick control solutions that can effectively rid you of these dangerous insects.
Reach out to us online or call (914) 877-3006 for our Hawthorne tick control services.
Why Are Ticks Dangerous?
Ticks pose threats to both humans and pets. Specifically, they carry a variety of diseases. These include but are not limited to Lyme disease, Powassan disease, Tularemia, Babesiosis, and Anaplasmosis.
Lyme disease is one of the more well-known tick-borne illnesses. According to the CDC, an average of 35,000 people get Lyme disease every year. Symptoms of Lyme disease can include fatigue, headache, fever, and a rash. If left untreated, this illness can cause complications for a person’s joints, nervous system, or even heart.
In the towns where our customers live, tick-borne diseases are a common concern. While modern medicine allows us to treat these illnesses with great efficiency, it is assuring to know our professionals can make it so you do not have to deal with ticks in the first place.
Effective Tick Control
It might seem too good to be true that our team can control the tick population on your property, but it is not. For more than 20 years, we have utilized our proven system to make the areas around homes and businesses free of these pests.
The steps of our Hawthorne tick control services:
- We inspect your property. Before we begin, we conduct a thorough inspection of your home or commercial building to find problem areas where ticks could nest or where they might like to hide.
- We treat your property for ticks. We use safe and targeted methods to eliminate these insect populations.
- We follow up. Our team is dedicated to helping you eliminate your worries about ticks. Once we have completed our treatment, we take care to follow up with you to ensure the problem has stopped.
Where Do Ticks Live?
Ticks live in grass, throughout gardens, and around the edges of woods. They prefer being near the ground in areas that are both shaded and wet. Areas where there is tall grass or low-hanging vegetation pose the biggest risk for tick bites. The insects wait on leaves, blades of grass, or stems to jump onto passersby.
Tips for Preventing Tick Bites
Calling QualityPro Pest & Wildlife Services is a surefire way to protect yourself from the dangers of these pesky insects. In addition to our tick control services in Hawthorne, there are several things you can do to mitigate risks.
- Take advantage of tick repellant when spending time in wooded and grassy areas
- Tuck your pant legs into your socks to keep ticks from being able to crawl up your legs
- Watch out for vegetation that is moist or low hanging
- Wear bright-colored clothing when you know you will be near areas where ticks tend to be so you can easily spot one if it is climbing on you
- Check for ticks and properly remove them as soon as possible
How to Keep Pets Safe from Tick Bites
There are numerous ways you can help your pets from being bitten too. Using veterinarian-approved sprays, medications, or collars can decrease the likelihood a tick will bite your pet and transmit disease. It is also smart to fence an area on your property where your pet can play outdoors, while not wandering into areas where you know these insects likely are. Regardless of what measures you take, routinely check your pets for ticks, paying close attention to problem areas like those around their ears and paws.
Let us put your worries to rest. Call (914) 877-3006 or reach out online for tick control in Hawthorne.